An effective business mentor is an experienced, competent professional who can empathise with business owners and executives experiencing issues because they understand how a successful business operates.
Graham Scallan is a Wexford-based business owner and business mentor. Graham has set up and managed numerous businesses in a career spanning over 20 years and he currently employs over 70 staff. He is people-oriented, results-focused and highly proficient in enabling clients to successfully achieve their desired outcomes.
Graham currently holds the role of Vice President with the Wexford Chamber Of Commerce and he is an experienced and effective listener who questions and advises without judgement or criticism, and gives honest answers that help build a positive, trusting relationship. Graham’s input will bring you clarity and focus and help you to develop your business skills.
Clients only benefit from mentoring if the knowledge, skills and competencies of the mentor match their specific needs. Graham will provide you with a fresh perspective, encourage you to think in new and innovative ways, and give you the tools to perform more effectively.
Graham is particularly suited to working with:
- Business owners who are ready to take their business to the next level
- Start Ups – There’s a wide range of agency support for start-ups but we can help you build the right team to grow the business quickly
- Senior Executives who have experienced a range of formal management development courses and now require support specifically tailored to particular challenges
- New Senior Executives who need to enhance or learn leadership competencies and senior management skills following promotion
- Young Executives working in an older workforce and who are having difficulty bridging the gap
- Executives with direct reports who show promise but could benefit from guidance
- Career Change – For those planning a new career direction or embarking on significant professional change.
In addition to traditional mentoring processes, Graham offers ‘eMentoring’, an easy-to-access, online mentoring service that enables progress to occur at times that suit you, wherever you are in the world.
Working With A Mentor
It’s important that the match is right. Evidence shows that if mentoring relationships follow an intentional process, they are highly effective. As relationships develop, people work productively, progress is effective and the process concludes naturally and successfully. So take care to work with a mentor that’s a good fit for your needs.
For a ‘no obligation’ chat to discuss how mentoring could make a difference, and to explore if it’s an appropriate match, email now for a call back email@example.com
The statement below made by the famous Rocky Balboa is something every business person needs to learn, dissolve, remember and never forget!
It ain’t how hard you’re hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!
Graham does not tie you to a contract, but does ask for a fair amount of time to be given in order for the changes to work!